Thursday 5 May 2011

My screen name is Green_Bean, there are many like it but this one is mine.

I honestly have no idea how to start this. I guess ill start off telling you about me.

My name is Derek, and i enjoy Heros of Neworth, WoW, DnD, and walks on the beach. I have half of both my Psychology and Criminology dregrees.  Calm yourselves ladies, there will be time for that later.


Ahem. I guess ill fill in this middle section by telling you a story.


After highschool i moved with my girlfreind of three years that way she could go to university in another provence. Naturally I was stressed as I was leaving everything i had known, all my freinds, family, and overall support group. Not to mention i wasnt completely sure if moving with her was a bright idea to begin with; However I was fairly sure that not moving would mean not having anymore sex. Desision made. So i boarded the plane with her and spent the next couple hours feeling extremely uncomfortable as i wasn't completely sold on this "flying" business. We landed, and apparently getting me to move in with her was part of some convoluted break up plan. Three weeks later i was boarding a plane heading the opposite way, confused out of my mind with a crushed heart. Pity story aquired!

Anyways, On the return trip i descovered that all the other seats in my plane where occupied by canadian military personal. I knew the returning trip would be bad, the sky was dark, it was raining heavily, not to mention the pilot announcing that there would be moderate to heavy turbulance. He knew what he was talking about. The weather was doing its best to make me and everyone else in the plane miserable, as i looked around the cabin i saw a bunch of men and woman looking terrified. Then something inside me snapped, and i realised how silly it was. I was feeling scared and aprehensive about something I had no control over.
So i started laughing as i watched the wing flex and bend as the other passengers watched the crazy laughing person i had become. Fear of planes overthrown!

I was told that day that i would be a good fit for paradrops. Bonus backup plan aquired!

So my question for you is what is your most memorable "snap" and what led up to it?

12 comments:

  1. Haha that's quite the story, I actually love planes and flying. I think the only snap I've had is the moment I went on the freeway on motorcycle, completely terrified at first a few minutes in I realized it was the most fun I've ever had in my life. Been loving it the last few years, don't think I'll ever quit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUde! i'm a DotA guy....its cool finding new people that are interested in those types of things...word verification is annoying by the way. I hate that thing.

    Cheers on the new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was on that plane, I would look at you like you were crazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sold on plane either. But my snap moment came jet ski. Was absolutely terrified, but it back the most fun thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good start to your blog. keep working hard. ill be following you all the way

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing that memory.. even if it wasn't the happiest.

    i can't remember a singular time that i've "snapped" but i do enjoy that feeling when i go into decisive-productive-mode when there's a high stress situation or emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy some HoN every once and awile and Dnd is fun as hell when you got some good friends playing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! You sound hilarious, i once had a crazy person sitting next to me on a plane, he was bat shit insane, i asked for another seat after like 15 minutes into the air.

    +1 for HoN aswell! Followed this blog def, check mine out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for informaciyu. this was much useful.

    fioricet tablets
    Prozac generic

    ReplyDelete